There are a number of effective altruism organizations that are involved in or support the work carried out by charities. They do this by:
- carrying out research into the most effective charities;
- providing recommendations based on this research;
- transferring donations to selected causes;
- spreading the ideas of effective altruism (EA);
- supporting EA initiatives as they develop.
This is important work. There cannot be well-founded recommendations without proper research and failure to reach a wider audience results in fewer donations. Donating to a supporting organization can therefore be very effective.
In the menu bar on the left are the most important organizations in the effective altruism network.