Terms and Conditions
If you donate money to the Stichting Effectief Doneren general conditions apply. You donate to the Stichting Effectief Doneren, with registered office in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 85603295, considered to be an Institution for General Benefit (ANBI) and further called Stichting Effectief Doneren.
Article 1. Definitions (alphabetical)
- Agreement: the remote agreement between the receiving party and donating party.
- Cooling off period: a period of time during which the donating party may waive the agreement
- Distance agreement: an agreement in which, within the framework of a system organised by the receiving party for donating to the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication.
- Donation: an amount of money donated by the donating party to Stichting Effectief Doneren
- Donation form: means to make an online donation to Stichting Effectief Doneren
- Donating party: the natural or legal person who, by means of an electronic authorisation, makes a donation to Stichting Effectief Doneren via the website of Stichting Effectief Doneren.
- Online donation: giving money by means of an electronic authorization via the website(s) of Stichting Effectief Doneren to Stichting Effectief Doneren
- Receiving party: the legal entity Stichting Effectief Doneren that receives a donation on the basis of the agreement which is used for the implementation of the statutes.
- Statutes: The aim of Stichting Effectief Doneren is to protect people, animals and the environment globally. Stichting Effectief Doneren seeks to achieve its goal by, among other things:
- periodically selecting charities based on the principles of effective altruism
- raising donations for the charities selected by Stichting Effectief Doneren
- providing guidance and advice to individuals and organisations wishing to donate to these causes
- forwarding the donations received to the effective charities selected by Stichting Effectief Doneren worldwide.
Article 2. Applicability
- These general Terms and Conditions apply to every online donation to Stichting Effectief Doneren.
- The donating party, by donating online, agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
- Stichting Effectief Doneren reserves the right to change the General Terms and Conditions in the interim.
Article 3. Rights of the receiving party, Stichting Effectief Doneren
- Online donations are entirely for the benefit of Stichting Effectief Doneren.
- The Stichting Effectief Doneren has the right to use the donations received for the benefit of the effective charities selected by the foundation worldwide.
- The ownership of the donated amount is transferred to Stichting Effectief Doneren after the donated amount has been credited to the bank account of Stichting Effectief Doneren.
- Liability: Stichting Effectief Doneren accepts no liability for damages on the part of the donating party as a result of the donation made by the donating party. The donating party indemnifies Stichting Effectief Doneren for all claims of third parties for damages suffered by those third parties as a result of the donation made by the donating party to Stichting Effectief Doneren.
Article 4. Rights of the donating party
- The donating party has a Cooling-Off Period for Online Donations via a Donation Form of eight (8) business days. During this period, the Agreement may be terminated in writing by the donating party by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The donating party may stop periodic donations unilaterally and without reason by sending an email to email@example.com. The periodic payment will then be stopped within 5 business days. If there is an ‘Agreement periodic cash donation’ for tax deduction purposes, the dissolving conditions formulated therein apply.
Article 5. Obligations of Stichting Effectief Doneren
- Stichting Effectief Doneren obligates itself to spend the received amounts in accordance with the statutes.
- Stichting Effectief Doneren takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure communication, personal data, electronic transfer of data and online donations and ensures a secure web environment. This is a best-effort obligation. Stichting Effectief Doneren accepts no liability under this obligation.
Article 6. Donating party’s obligations
- To enter into an agreement with the receiving party, the donating party must be at least 18 years of age. By entering into an agreement, the donating party declares that he meets this age limit;
- The donating party who is under 18 years old can make an online donation and online payment only in the presence and approval of a parent or guardian;
- The donating party provides the required identity information.
- The donating party makes donations only with funds over which he/she has authority and control.
- The donating party shall ensure that any partner, following the meaning of Article 88 Book 1 of the Civil Code (http://www.wetboek-online.nl/wet/Burgerlijk%20Wetboek%20Boek%201/88.html) has given his/her prior consent to the donation, if it can be considered unusual and/or excessive.
Article 7. Processing personal data
- This personal data is processed by Stichting Effectief Doneren for the purpose of entering into donations, for the acceptance and settlement of other benefactions, for carrying out policy activities, as well as to comply with legal obligations.
- The donating party has the right not to be included in further communication activities by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The donating party has the right to check whether the data registered by the Stichting Effectief Doneren is correct, and the right to correction if the data turns out to be incorrect, and the right to delete the registered data. Stichting Effectief Doneren has the right to request identification of the donating party in this context.
Article 8. Cookies
- Stichting Effectief Doneren uses functional and analytical cookies to allow its website to function optimally and to analyse the aggregated website traffic.
- The visitor has the option to choose which type of cookies they accept.
Article 9. Final Provisions
- Disputes arising between Stichting Effectief Doneren and a counterparty will be submitted to the competent court in the district of Oost-Brabant.
Doneer Effectief, established at
is responsible for the processing of personal data as stated in this privacy statement.
Bram Schaper is the Data Protection Officer of Doneer Effectief. He can be reached via email@example.com.
Personal data we process
Doneer Effectief only processes personal data given by you, for example in contact with our helpdesk. We do not use social media plugins.
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website and/or service has no intention of collecting data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years old. Unless they have permission from their parents or guardian.
However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16. We therefore recommend that parents be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data being collected on children without parental permission.
If you are convinced that we have collected personal data on a minor without such consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete this information.
With what purpose and on the basis of which basis we process personal data
Doneer Effectief processes your personal data for the following purposes:
– To be able to call you or send you an e-mail if this is necessary in order to provide our services
– To inform you of information that may be relevant to you. For example, in the future via a newsletter.
Doneer Effectief does not make decisions on the basis of automated processing that could have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions made by computer programs or systems, without a human being (for example an employee of Doneer Effectief) being involved.
How long we keep personal data
Doneer Effectief does not keep your personal data longer than strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
Name and surname, e-mail address and telephone number > Two years after our last contact we will remove your data.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Doneer Effectief provides personal data only to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of our agreement with you or to meet a statutory obligation.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Doneer Effectief only uses technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy. For our social media we use a tool that is standard compliant with the European General Data Protection Regulation and does not store any personal data. However, the tool can temporarily store an IP address and set a client cookie for security purposes, cf. the regulations.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical functioning of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. They also enable us to optimise our website. You can unsubscribe from cookies by configuring your internet browser in such a way that it no longer saves any cookies. In addition, you can delete all information previously stored using your browser settings.
Google Analytics cookies
Through our website, a cookie is placed by the American company Google, as part of the “Analytics” service. We use this service to track and get reports about how visitors use the website. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
We have no influence on this.
The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address is expressly not provided. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your possible consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by our company and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you.
If you wish to exercise your right to object and/or the right to data portability or if you have other questions/comments about the data processing, please send a specified request email@example.com.
To ensure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. Doneer Effectief will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks.
Doneer Effectief would also like to point out that you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
How we secure personal data
Doneer Effectief takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised alteration. If you have the impression that your data are not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Stichting Effectief Doneren has compiled the information on its website(s) with the utmost care but cannot accept any liability for accuracy, completeness and topicality. Stichting Effectief Doneren bears no responsibility for information presented on websites of third parties, not even if there is a hyperlink to such a website on a website of Stichting Effectief Doneren.